MOZA Mini MX FAQ
Q: Do I need to balance my gimbal need when installing the phone?
To increase the stability and battery life of your gimbal, it is recommended that you mount the phone in the middle of the phone holder to create a leveling effect. Ensure that the gimbal does not block the phone lens. The gimbal features an anti-clamping phone clip, meaning it will not clip the phone's side buttons.
Q: After my Mini MX is connected to the app the buttons cannot control app recording, shutter, zooming, switching front and rear cameras, etc. What should I do?
Make sure your MOZA Genie app is connected to the gimbal. If you are not sure if it is connected:
1. Turn off the gimbal
2. After clearing the paired devices in the phone settings (click "Unpair" or "Ignore this device"), turn off the phone's Bluetooth, and then turn on the phone's Bluetooth again
3. Restart the MOZA Genie app
4. Install the gimbal on the mobile phone, then turn on the gimbal and connect to Bluetooth directly through MOZA Genie, do not pair the system Bluetooth.
*If the above operation does not solve the problem, confirm the gimbal is not in the sleep mode.
Q: My Mini MX automatically enters sleep mode after it is turned on, and the joystick cannot control the rotation of the gimbal. What should I do?
1. Check whether the gimbal phone holder, tilt motor, and the pan motor have been unlocked.
2. Confirm that the mobile phone has been installed on the gimbal. If it is already installed, place your mobile phone in the middle of the phone hoder and restart the gimbal, then try again. If the phone is not installed, please install the phone in the middle of the phone holder.
3. If the gimbal indicator light quickly flashes fast, the battery is low. Try again after charging.
4. If the gimbal is still in sleep mode, please contact MOZA support team for help.
Q: I am having difficulty registering my Mini MX. What should I do?
1. If you did not receive the verification code email from MOZA:
1.1 Please check that the email address is correct.
1.2 Please check that you are accessing the same email address you filled in during registration.
1.3 Please check your spam filter and spam inbox to ensure that our mail is not filtered as spam.
1.4 please add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contact or trusted sender list, and then request a new verification code.
2. How do I request a new verification code?
2.1 The registration interface can manually resend the verification code every 60 seconds.
2.2 If you have requested the verification code multiple times, please enter the latest verification code to register. The old verification code cannot be verified!
*If you have any other questions, please contact MOZA support team.
Q: When Mini MX is connected to the phone's native camera what functions can I access?
Take still pictures and record video
* Confirm that the volume key of your phone can control the native camera to take pictures.
** Close MOZA Genie app when controlling the native camera.
*** Make sure that the Bluetooth of your mobile phone is connected to the Mini MX gimbal
Q: Features functions of the MOZA Genie App
Take pictures, recording, Magic mode, gesture control, time-lapse, slow motion, object tracking, filters, and other advanced functions
Q:What features are included in the MOZA Genie app?
The MOZA Genie app can take pictures, record video, access advanced functions such as Magic mode, gesture control, time-lapse, slow motion, object tracking, filters, etc
Q:How do I use the object tracking function?
1. Mount your phone horizontally on the gimbal, and turn on the phone's horizontal and vertical screen automatic rotation function.
2. Tap the lower-left corner of the app interface (the third claw-like icon from the left) and then select the target you want to track on the screen.
3. When tracking objects, please try to select a target with a suitable size in a relatively simple background environment. The object within the selection box cannot have too many distracting elements.
*After clicking the trigger button, the gimbal will automatically track the face of your target. It will automatically recognize the selected face even with other people in the frame and will lock it in the center of the picture.
Q: How do I switch the shooting mode on my gimbal?
The gimbal defaults to horizontal mode when it is turned on, and after three quick presses of the power button, it automatically switches to vertical mode.
Q: How do I switch between horizontal and veritcal mode?
The gimbal defaults to horizontal mode when it is turned on. Quickly press the power button three times to switch to vertical mode.
Q: How do I access Inception Mode?
Press the Zoom- button to access FPV mode, then move the joystick left and right to access Inception Mode to allow the Mini MX to rotate up to 170°.
Q: How do I uppgrade my firmware?
1. Please turn off the gimbal
2. Hold the dial center (shooting button), then click the red power button to start the gimbal, when the LED flashes in blue-green-orange from top to bottom, the gimbal is in upgrade mode.
3. Open the MOZA Master app and connect with the gimbal to upgrade. Do not exit the interface or turn off the gimbal during the upgrade process, and ensure that the mobile phone is in a good network environment.
4. After the upgrade is completed, please turn off the gimbal.
5. If you cannot turn off or restart the gimbal after the firmware upgrade, repeat the firmware upgrade.
Q:The upgrade mode is abnormal, the gimbal cannot be turned on, and the indicator light is not on.What should I do?
This problem is caused by an upgrade failure. 1. Press and hold the Zoom- button. 2. Click the power button to start the gimbal in firmware upgrade mode. 3. Launch the MOZA Genie app. 4. connect the gimbal. 5. Try to upgrade the gimbal firmware again.
Q:Why can't I search the Mini MX?
1. When the Mini MX is powered on, press and hold the + button, and then press and hold the power button until the power light flashes twice quickly, and the gimbal bluetooth is reset.
2. Try to reconnect the gimbal after resetting Bluetooth
*If the Bluetooth reset operation cannot be performed, please upgrade the gimbal firmware.
Q:Why can my native Bluetooth be connected, but the device cannot be searched in the App?
1. Turn off the gimbal;
2. After clearing the paired devices in the phone settings (click "Unpair" or "Ignore this device"), turn off the phone's Bluetooth, and then turn on the phone's Bluetooth again;
3. Restart the MOZA Genie app;
4. Install the gimbal on the mobile phone, then turn on the gimbal, launch the MOZA Genie app, click the Bluetooth icon in the app, and directly connect to the gimbal Bluetooth via MOZA Genie, do not pair the system Bluetooth.
Q:Does Mini MX support fast charging?
No, the Mini MX does not support fast charging.
Q:Can I charge my phone with the Mini MX?
No, the Mini MX does not support external charging for the mobile phone.
Q:What is the recommended Mini MX charging specification and time?
The recommended charging specification for Mini-MX is 5V, 2A. The fastest charging time is 2.5 hours.